UtterlyHome.com may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
You don’t have to break the bank to achieve a delightful home space. You can boost the mood in your home by redecorating your walls using affordable, classy, and vibrant ad-on. Regardless of the theme or style of your house, you can decorate the walls at a pocket-friendly price to bring out your personality and taste.
Your walls can be customized to ensure you have the things you love around you, whether you are a nature lover, a bookworm, or an art collector. In this article, you will learn about the top five wall decor ideas that will refresh your space and make your room more elevating.
Table of Contents
1- Personal canvas prints
Premium personal canvas prints are the best option for your living room since it establishes the tone and commands attention in the room. Think about a black and white photo or an abstract piece with bright colors. For additional visual interest, you can paint triangular shapes directly on your walls or paint large canvases with pigmented paint to create the desired texture.
In addition, you can decorate your walls with your large-scale engineer prints from your local printer without breaking the bank. These prints make it comfortable for you to change them as you desire as they are affordable.
When buying canvas paint, ensure you check the following factors:
- Quality of the canvas
- Choose the right photo
- Use a high-quality image frame
- Pick the right canva size
- Consider the available light on the space
2- Gallery wall
Gallery wall adds color and personality to your home. You can consistently coordinate art or photographs to create an attractive gallery wall. Choose cohesive and straightforward frames for your gallery wall so that you can display a variety of variations and mix and match what you have. Consider the following tips to create a cohesive gallery wall:
- Don’t be too matchy-matchy: use different frame styles with at least one or two things in common for cohesiveness.
- Make sure your gallery wall is placed where everyone visiting your house can see it.
- Ensure your gallery wall receives enough light
- To achieve a more casual feel, ensure you mix tye art media and sizes,
- Consider a powerful statement of peace that speaks to you.
Wall decor mirrors reflect light and make a small space look brighter and more prominent. Try hanging several small mirrors with different sizes and shapes or one large one in your living room or bedroom wall. They will make your wall look interesting. You can use the following tips to guide you on how to hang your mirrors:
- Ensure you turn the mirrors off-center to achieve extra dynamism to your interior decor
- Use a gallery wall style to arrange various vintage mirrors
- Place mirrors on the doors
- Ensure they are well layered with the wallpaper
- Place the mirrors on the spot where light can fall on them
- Mix other pieces of art with them
4- Accent walls
Even after placing your favorite art on the wall, you can still decorate the wall. Select a bold and bright color to design an accent wall. Alternatively, you can choose patterns using stenciling, wallpaper, or other decorative paint techniques. These accents will have a significant impact in a small space. Use the following tips to choose an accent wall:
- Accent the wall that you first see when you enter your room
- Always choose an asymmetrical wall.
- Be sure the accent wall is intended to be the focal point in the room by checking other architectural clues like the fireplace.
- Solid walls are excellent for accent color.
- Choose a reasonably open wall.
- If you don’t get the right accent wall, consider the ceiling.
Consider using a tapestry or a wall hanging to add pattern and color pop in the space. It will also help in bringing softness to a neutral area.
You can frame vintage scuffs and pretty tiles. Compared to oversized paintings, these are easy to move and have a unique and classy look.
As you have seen above, decorating your walls doesn’t have to be expensive. You can easily customize these decorations to meet your desired preferences and needs. There are many straightforward and quick solutions to give your bare wall a fantastic look, and you’re only required to choose which one will suit your taste. Depending on your goals and budget, you can decide which decorations you will choose to give your house a welcoming atmosphere.
Other decor ideas you can consider include decorative scones, murals, indoor plants, baskets, sculptures, calendars. No matter the wall decor you choose, ensure to use your creativity to bring a fabulous look that will create a welcoming environment to your home.
So, what’s holding you from decorating your walls?